Managing Editor, Taylor & Francis
Manage a list of 26 academic journals within the US Education Group portfolio.
- Consult with journal editors and society contacts about journal development and budgetary and contractual management
- Collaboratively work with in-house departments of Production, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Service to maintain publication health and increase journal usage and exploration
- Attend conferences to promote titles and report on journal status
- Work on acquisitions and transitioning journals into the Taylor & Francis fold
- Review and edit promotional copy as needed
Editorial Assistant, Taylor & Francis
August 2014-February 2015
Assist Publisher Managing Editors in maintenance of 89 academic journals within the Education Group.
- Acted as a liaison between editors, society members, authors, and in-house colleagues to ensure consistency and customer satisfaction with the product
- Managed payments for the journals
- Helped organize and attend conferences and editorial board meetings
- Compiled data and annual reports
- Updated website content
Marketing Advisor, ReminderMedia
July 2013 – April 2014
Assisted clients through the process of customizing their American Lifestyle magazine to remain in front of their clients to promote repeat and referral business.
Administrative Temp, Office Team
April 2013 – July 2013
- Data entry, email correspondence, and office support
August 2012 – December 2012
Assisted peers in brainstorming, writing, and editing skills during one-on-one sessions.
Housekeeping, SpringHill Suites
June 2012 – August 2012
Cleaned rooms, changed bedding, offered friendly service, and interacted with guests.
Swim Instructor, Cyclone Swim School, LLC
September 2011 – April 2012
Taught basic water safety and swimming skills to children to encourage them toward competitive swimming.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor, Midland Community Center
January 2008 – August 2010
Maintained patron safety by enforcing the rules. Developed lesson plans for teaching swimming lessons to varying age groups and teach students of all ages basic water safety, stroke development, and specialized techniques.
UNPAID WORK EXPERIENCE
Book Operations Intern, Tree House Books
February 2013 – April 2013
Organize and maintain the adult book section of the bookstore. Handle used books acquisitions and pricing for the store.
Sketch Undergraduate Co-Editor, Iowa State University
August 2011 – December 2012
January 2010 – May 2010
Assisted Dr. Kevin Amidon of the German Department in editing manuscripts prior to publication.
First Year Honors Program Leader, Iowa State University Honors Program
February 2010 – December 2010
Designed lesson plans with a co-leader that related to a theme to fulfill course requirements. Organized and facilitated a class of 12 first year university students
Master of Arts, Publishing
January 2013 – May 2014
Bachelor of Arts with Honors and Magna Cum Laude, English, Literary Studies and minors in German, Journalism and Mass Communication
Iowa State University
August 2009 – December 2012